Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spreading the Love

There is too much hurt in this world. Therefore, maybe we should create more joy, more happiness, more laughter and more love to balance it out...right?

But who do we create it for?

Because to bring about this positive energy for myself...well, isn't that just selfish? I've got enough. Far more than I deserve. Enough to give me a guilty concious every now and then. To offer it to my friends and family...not that they wouldn't benefit from it, but again, I am gratefully surrounded by people that, like me, are beyond blessed with wonderful people in their lives and wonderful things going for them. So, to feel like I am truly making a difference by being a good friend, daughter, wife, sister, etc....it's not neccesarily life changing for those that need it the most.



Anyways, just had an emotional day. Saw too many stray dogs on my way to work and dealt with too many kids with gut wrenching, heart breaking, keep-me-awake-at-night-thinking-about-them stories. While this is a daily for me (seriously, stray dogs nearly every day), some days it just weighs heavier on my heart.


Some things just feel better when you get them down on paper, err, computer screen.

Smile at someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment